petek, 2. november 2007

Before the H5

It's about time to start contributing to this blog myself. Admittedly, I'm far too lazy to post regularly as I prefer photographs, but I promise to do my best to entertain you with words as much as with queer photos :-).

I arrived in Prague on September 22nd, about five days before my fellow bloggers. My parents provided the transport for myself and the luggage - it felt like a family trip to the seaside. After the initial problems with accommodation and introduction to my roommate (who is from Argentina), we set off to get some lunch.

My tutor Ivona finally called in the late afternoon and announced a meeting in the reception, where I met the rest of Erasmus students in her group: Roosa from Finland, Sara von Slovenia, Gautier aus Frankreich (we invented a slogan: "Nadraži Hostivař is a place to be":-)) and last but not least, my humble self. All of aforementioned I have of course met for the first time in my life, but the ice was broken by a visit to a pub. The following week (also known as the Erasmus orientation week) was really interesting – there were a lot of presentations, orientation runs, a visit to the ZOO ... Daily activities were followed (and still are) by mandatory parties over night – testing different brands of beer and other drinks included. Meeting at least 10 new people a day, remembering their names, where they are from and what they are studying is no easy task!

Other than that, adjusting to life in Prague isn't hard. The way to go (first and foremost) is to go with the flow – it's not worth it to get the day ruined by unfriendly (bordering on rude) and uncooperative (bordering on incompetent) receptionists and other officials ("No official hours!"). Get yourself a beer and a chair in the main hall and spend the evening (or night) in the company of brothers and sisters in Erasmus program.

More about studying Slovene language at the Faculty of arts on another occasion – enjoy the following photos ;-).



Sara, Ivona, Roosa



Gautier and me with first beer :-)



No, I did not meet my mum in the ZOO



Having breakfast in Kolej Hostivař



Me and a glass of French coffee



Pimp my Škoda



Ollie with his new best friend from the ZOO



Afraid of heights



Bilo kuda, Škoda svuda

Št. komentarjev: 1:

Blogger sara koncilja pravi ...

Hey... thanks for mentioning me and my dear roommate... The presence of our names and pictures on this notorious blog is probably going to fix all our unpopularity problems around here... ;-)

Sara von Slovenia

3. november 2007 ob 10:38  

Objavite komentar

Naročite se na Objavi komentarje [Atom]

<< Domov