petek, 21. december 2007

Hymn for my soul



Even before I decided to go to Prague, I was well aware that one of the best singers out there is going on another European tour. Originally the plan was to see him in Zagreb, but as I decided to go to Prague, I saw he was doing a gig here as well. And since he then cancelled the show in Zagreb, I was all the more glad to be here. And on the 12th of December, I saw one of the rare people who ruled on Woodstock and are still going strong today. After already having seen Country Joe McDonald and The Who, I can now cross Joe Cocker off the list as well.

The gig itself was amazing. It's been a while since I saw a really good concert, and Joe delivered big time. His voice is still in shape, the band is tight and the setlist included everything I expected. In short, music so good it blew me away. Sazka arena was full, and even though the Czech were not really into it (still they're not the most passive crowd I've witnessed, that title remains in Austria for now), there was some energy, especially at the peaks of the show: "You can leave your hat on" and "With a little help from my friends".

Now only Joan Baez, Santana, John Fogerty of the CCR and a possible (but not likely) CSNY reunion remain.








Št. komentarjev: 3:

Blogger Turma de Ciências da Comunicação 2006-2008 pravi ...

http://aventuranoleste.wordpress.com

Sara
the great portuguese girl :P

16. januar 2008 ob 15:27  
Anonymous Anonimni pravi ...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

20. april 2008 ob 19:54  
Anonymous Anonimni pravi ...

經驗是良師,可惜學費貴 ..................................................

1. maj 2010 ob 19:51  

Objavite komentar

Naročite se na Objavi komentarje [Atom]

<< Domov